In today’s busy world full of distractions and noise it’s never been more important to slow down. Because our external world is a reflection of our internal world we must have a practice to tune in and find balance. The most powerful tool to do this is meditation, which is a practice of relaxing the mind, improving thought power and reducing stress.
Man has conquered the deepest oceans, the highest mountains and numerous other challenges; but, are we able to conquer our own mind? How often do you find yourself a victim to your own negative thoughts? Through meditation we can bring our unruly mind under control.
Numerous research studies report that those who meditated for about 30 minutes a day for eight weeks had measurable changes in gray-matter density in parts of the brain associated with memory, sense of self, empathy and stress.
This week Shawn Stevenson interviews Tristan Truscott, who has been studying this mind-body-spirit connection for over 20 years. Tristan is also a founder of the Austin Martial Arts Academy and has spent most of his life practicing and teaching martial arts, self defense, fitness, healing and meditation.
You won’t want to miss a second of this important podcast!!
And don’t forget to share this valuable information with family and friends.
When you listen to the podcast below you’ll discover:
- Tristan’s personal story.
- How the fight or flight response effects the brain?
- Essential elements of martial arts and meditation.
- Physical benefits of meditation.
- Dangers of too much Beta state of the brain.
- Why the Alpha Brain state is important.
- How to reach sustained productivity.
- Difference between relaxation and meditation.
- The 5 stages of meditation you need to master.
Click play below to listen to the podcast…
[buzzsprout episode=’52665′ player=’true’]BeWellBuzz Special: