Now that you’re making positive changes in eating and exercising, learn how to sleep better. This post from The Mayo Clinic shares 5 tips to help you get a restful night’s sleep.
Sleep is a critical part of managing stress and making healthy choices. Get a restful night’s sleep with these tips.
Sleep is a remarkably productive and critical part of life; it’s the time when the brain and body recharge for another day. Yet, most of us simply aren’t getting enough sleep. Stress, everyday demands and — yes, your smartphone — are likely culprits negatively impacting your sleep.
Either too little or too much sleep can make it tough to function at your best. Sleep better and wake up feeling more rested with this advice.
5 Tips to Sleep Better
- Eat meals (especially dinner) at the same time each day and at least two to three hours before bedtime.
- Limit naps to 30 minutes at least six to eight hours before bedtime.
- Stay active. Any activity is good. For best results, get moving 20 to 30 minutes most days, at least four to six hours before bedtime.
- Limit your caffeine intake and avoid it after noon. Also avoid stimulants such as decongestants and nicotine.
- Go to bed at the same time every night and get up about the same time every morning — even on weekends.
A healthy amount of sleep for most adults is seven to eight hours a night. If self-care techniques don’t help, talk to your health care provider. Sleep problems are treatable.
Source: tips for a better night’s sleep